Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Product Review: Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 - Ask the Expert: Kristine

Image courtesy of BobbiBrownCosmetics.com
I have tried a few different BB creams in the past, but recently I tried Bobbi Brown's BB Cream SPF 35 and wanted to share my honest review of it to all my fellow product junkies out there.

As many of know the latest product in makeup and skincare is BB cream. The buzz of BB creams or "beauty balms" is everywhere. If a brand doesn't already have a BB cream it will soon carry one. Why? BB cream is a product in a category all by itself: a skincare/ makeup hybrid. Not only do they provide you with the hydrating, moisturizing, and brightening properties of skincare, but they also have the coverage and shine control of a foundation.

Who it's for:
This formula comes in 5 shades: Extra Light, Light, Fair, Medium, and Medium to Dark. After swatching them on several different skin tones, I've found that the color is quite forgiving if you are in between shades. Bobbi Brown is currently formulating shades for darker skin tones as well. This product is designed and formulated for people with oily to normal skin. It is great for someone who is used to wearing a full coverage foundation but would like a multi-purpose product that has good coverage, a matte finish, and a lighter feel. This is also great for for people with problem skin who have texture or unevenness and prefer a lighter option than a full coverage foundation.

Application: 

After applying moisturizer, you can use a foundation brush, damp sponge, or your fingers. I have found that applying it with clean fingers works best, making it look the most natural by really melting into the skin.


Features: 

  • Oil free formula
  • Broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 35 protection
  • Vitamin E and rice bran extract
  • Caffeine and sucrose enriched                  

Benefits: 


  • Argireline® Peptide to boost skin's natural collagen productions while also combating fine lines
  • The active ingredients improve the skin's luminosity with long time use
  • Scutellaria extract brightens dull skin by brightening and reducing the visible appearance of any discoloration, dark spots, and acne scarring
  • Sodium hyaluronate & trehalose help attract moisture to the skin and regulate the skin's water retention
  • Natural minerals help with the absorption of excess oil
  • Camouflages any blemishes and redness
  • Visibly minimizes the appearance of pores  

Negative: 

My only con is that it is in a squeezable bottle. I find it a lot harder to control product when the product is in squeeze tubes instead of having a pump or being a jar.

Price: $42 for 1.35 fl. oz tube

Overall: 

The product felt light and creamy and when I applied it my skin felt instantly moisturized. This has a buildable coverage. I applied it lightly first then spot treated any blemishes, unevenness, and dark circles. I followed up by applying my normal concealer and powder. After trying this, I've been converted (which is a challenging task). I'm very pleased with the amount of hydration and coverage it gives my skin without looking cakey or feeling greasy and slipping off my face. I've decided to ditch my full coverage foundation and use this BB cream for a while to reap all the long-term benefits. I will check in later to update everyone on how it worked long-term.

Source: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment