Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Makeup Pick of the Month: Lipstick by The Elixery


By Sarah
Studio Artist

I am a lipstick FANATIC! I have worn red lipstick since I was about 14 and I have never turned back.  Yes, I have dabbled in a few of the pinks and plums and have realized I just love lipstick. So I could not be more excited or happy to hear of a new brand that I feel great about sharing with everybody: The Elixery

Not only is it hand poured, cruelty free, and VEGAN; but it is made in a vintage laboratory in Minneapolis! Homemade and fabulous!

They carry 20 lipstick shades as of now.  They range from a true red to a deep plum; they even carry a blue for the daring - perfectly called “Gossip”. They also have a color dedicated to Dessa, a local musician in Minneapolis; if you purchase this color Dessa will donate 100% of her proceeds to care.org.  There are 3 different finishes including a moisturizing sheer, a frosty matte, and a richly pigmented satin.  

I can NOT wait to add to my collection with these lipsticks. Today I tried the frost lipstick called Aradia.  I put it on and it has a nice lightweight, creamy texture with a very rich pigment.  I can say that even after my muffin and a coffee and maybe a couple other snacks throughout the day, the color stayed on well past 5 hours with the same brightness as when I had applied it.  That is amazing. Did I mention that they are only $18 each?!!

This company will not only make sure that they can say that their product is free of animal cruelty and vegan, they also make sure that all raw materials are safe and ethical all the way back to the source.

So to find them near you…

I would recommend checking www.elixery.com/stores to see the full list.  There are about 11 local independent boutiques and salons that you can find and try them.  Otherwise you can place an order online at www.elixery.com.

You will not be disappointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment